Friday, April 6, 2018

Accomplishments

Distance: 5.01km
Time: 29.53 min
Pace: 5.58min/km
Average heart rate: 164bpm (87% of max)

It was a fairly brisk run for the two of us who were able to churn out the 5k. We did a simple loop. There remained ice under the bridges of the trails, but I was relieved to see that the ice is getting a little bit less every week. One day…one day we will have no ice on the trails!!!
But despite the ice, we were going strong. At 4.3km my co-runner started to fade, but I knew, I knew she could make a sub-30 minute 5k if she just held on. So we slowed our pace just a little bit, and slogged out the last 700m, squeaking in under 30 minutes! So, so proud of how far she has come in her strength and confidence as a runner! Seeing the consistency of training pay off for one of my clinic members is so rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment