Monday, April 16, 2018

Stronger on the Longer

Another 18k done and dusted! My strength continues to grow and every week the runs get just a little bit easier. The improving weather and path conditions also help things along.

Distance: 18.0km
Time: 2.13.04
Pace: 7.24min/km
Average heart rate: 150bpm (77%)

It was about 1C out when we started the run. I de-layered right before then, and only ran in 2 layers on top and one on the bottom. I was worried it would be a bit too cold, but I was perfectly comfortable the whole way through. I had a lot of fun chatting with the other 4 that were along for the 18k. Seeing the fitness levels and confidence of our runners continue to climb is very exciting! Two of our other group members were confident in the group, so it was relaxing for me to just go along for the ride instead of trying to lead everyone down the correct streets. And guess what? We didn't get lost once!

One more long run with this group before our distance starts to cut back for tapering...for those that are doing their races at the end of it all.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out to me and giving me suggestions for marathon training! I'm feeling a lot less stressed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment