Thursday, June 28, 2018

Improvements

At last! Improvements I can sink my teeth into!!!
I almost couldn’t believe my watch last night! After stagnating for a couple of weeks at a 5.52min/km pace for the 6k tempo run, I’ve finally surged past that!

Total distance: 5.98km
Total time: 33.30min
Average pace: 5.36min/km
Average HR: 170bpm (88%)

Comparatively, on MAY 1st I ran 7.09km at a 5.28min/km pace and pretty much the whole way through I felt like I was going to die…I struggled almost every step of the way for that one! But now – at only 8 seconds slower per km – I am feeling much more in control. I looked at my average HR and that didn’t change significantly (from 176 to 170bpm), but the BIG difference is how much stronger and easier this run felt. Instead of gasping for breath and feeling like I was going to collapse at any moment, I was feeling strong and felt like I was holding myself back. It makes me wonder what time I would run if I wanted to do a 10k race…PB anyone? Soooo tempting to test myself right now! Feeling pumped and feeling good right now. Nothing like seeing improvements to build my self-confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment