Monday, June 18, 2018

Kicking Myself

Sunday "19k" LSD.

I think I'm becoming an anti-social runner! While I love, love, love, running with my fellow runners, today I definitely had the feeling of...

Image result for meme emperor "you threw off my groove"


Although unlike the Emperor, I was mostly annoyed with myself. While it started off really lovely, gradually the pace picked up until I was going at last week's race pace! I should have slowed down, but I couldn't bring myself to do so - at first because I didn't know the area, and then out of pride.

At 13k, I knew I was in trouble. So I opted to go out a bit further and make my distance 23k. Partially to add a bit more distance since I've not been up to snuff with the training, and partially to give myself the chance to really slow things down.

But unfortunately shortly after we parted ways, I ran out of water. It was a hot day, and I was dehydrated from a party I went to yesterday evening. Not a great combination, especially with no water fountains in the vicinity! Defeated, I headed home. The last 5k was pure struggle, and I finished with 20.5km under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment