Friday, November 2, 2012

Return of the Hills

It was with great trepidation that I returned to the hill session for the first time in nearly two months. Initially I was tapering for the race, then recovering from it...only I never quite recovered and became a bit unwell.
However, on Tuesday I decided that I had replenished my body enough that the likely cause of my slowness was fitness rather than health.
And then I realized it is less than three weeks until my final (planned) race of the year, and I am in NO way ready for it! Yikes!
So I cracked down on my inner laziness and am revving myself up as much as I can to hit the 500k relay coming up. I have so far to go in so little time! But I've been there before and know I can be there again.
So this morning at hills I pushed just as hard as I could. We did reps up a really steep side track to Mt Coot-tha. By the time we hit 6am (with another 30min to go) my legs were shaking and I had to focus on the downhill as I worried they would collapse on me!
Yes, I was rather slow as per usual. But it was great to be back doing hills - my first set since the Whitsunday race! And even better to be with all my fun running crew. We might not have talked much during the session, but the companionship couldn't be beat.

Total time: 47.33min
Total distance: 4.74km
Avg pace: 10.01min/km
Elevation: lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment