Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slow Runner vs Speed Demon

Today we had a speed session on hills. Not the same as a hill session for speed. Our speed session went upways and downways and foreways (but not backways).
I hadn't really wanted to go. My mind and motivation shut down in off-season, as if I'm a computer on "power save" mode. Plus, I haven't been sleeping well.
I can't say it was my best performance today. Certainly not trophy material! But I gave a good crack at it. I did have to stop and grab someone else's water to chug partway through the session. Note to self - remember to bring my own water next time!
Only a few more days until I can trade in my running shoes for a pair of skis! I'm rather excited to exchange "slow runner" for my alter-ego "speed demon" on the ski hill. What a refreshing change! Now if only that speed could translate back to my running...

No comments:

Post a Comment