Monday, July 8, 2013

Gold Coast Cheering

Gold Coast Marathon was yesterday. Traditionally I have entered the half marathon, but this year I entered nothing.
Yep, nada. Although not injured, I sat on the sidelines and cheered my fellow runners on. I revelled in their personal bests (there were many!) and sympathized with those who were disappointed. This is the first race that I've just watched. And it was actually sort of fun. After so many years of so much support from my friends & family, it was nice to offer some of that support to others.

 Watching the marathoners push through on the final stretch (the far side of the road is around the 30k marker.)



There were lots of emotions rolling through Gold Coast, and it was strange to be a side-liner to it all.
Still, at least I don't look like this today...


That's not to say I haven't looked like this before, or won't look like this today. But on this particular Monday, I'm walking just fine, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment