Saturday, July 27, 2013

Run with Joy

On today's schedule was a 5k recovery run. That is, a "very easy" run. Fantastic! I considered sleeping in and going it on my own, but Park Run is such a jovial event and is a sure way to not cut myself short on the 5k. Not to mention we get photographic evidence that we were actually running! Today I was not militant about my speed...unless I was going too fast. I was not militant about my posture...but it is still an area of focus.
Instead, I wanted to feel the heat of the sun on my face burning off the morning chill. I wanted to hear the focussed breathing of my fellow Park Runners as they struggled to achieve their goals. I didn't so much want to smell the sweat from the other runners, but fortunately we were spread out and there was a gorgeous breeze so I didn't have to (for the most part).
Today, I wanted to run with joy. So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment