Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Race Prep Decisions

Although this upcoming race on Sunday is more a "test" race to see how I go for my actual race, I'm getting quite excited about it!
Today I had 6x 200m reps at 52sec each followed by a 20min jog. The goal of the reps was perfect form rather than speed. It was a great feeling to have to hold back. And maybe it is just me, but my form felt fairly awesome during the reps! Maybe I'm meant to run at that speed...ha ha ha ha!
Afterwards, my mind kept churning on a race plan. Last time I ran a pb I did it semi-sans-watch. So as I see it I have two options before me:
1) I ignore my watch and go by feel, which will mean pushing myself hard right from the start, then gritting my teeth and holding on. (This is how I got my last pb).
2) I set up a pace plan and stick with it. As my goal is a sub-25min and my pb is 24.40, my plan would be to start with a 5min km and get progressively faster.
Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment