Thursday, August 1, 2013

Slightly Bored

7k endurance run. Not much to say about this one. I didn't feel like getting up before 5am to run with the group, so I opted to sleep in and go on my own.
Positive: sleep in!
Negative: running on my own.
Once I got dressed it wasn't so hard to get out the door. But the trouble was continuing on for 7k. I did a couple of loops rather than one big out and back. At first my mind was churning over with so many thoughts I was very appreciative for the time to sort things out in my head.
But after a while I found myself glancing at my watch, wondering when it would be over. Clearly, I didn't have a lot of thoughts to sort this morning!
Next run will be my 5k race on Sunday. My A-Goal is a pb (24.40) and my B-Goal is a sub-25min. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear how your race plan went. I think running a race is a bit like the next hand of bridge: never sure what will happen until the cards are played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true words! I always hope for the best at the start, but am never sure what to expect.

      Delete